Monday, October 24, 2011

Scary Food

I share the horror of Dr. Isis regarding the strange culinary innovation represented by serving spaghetti in a taco shell.

I mean, no judgment: whatever works for you, and if you've tried this and love it, you go ahead and enjoy it in good health, but it sounds kind of gross to me.

Also, it's just a weird item from a taste/balance standpoint, since it's basically serving a starch inside a starch, right? I mean, a taco shell is a starch normally served around some protein and vegetables. And spaghetti is a starch normally served underneath some vegetables and perhaps protein.

But taco shell and spaghetti together? It's sort of like putting noodles between slices of bread to make a sandwich.

Of course, I did once have a mashed potato sandwich, which struck me kind of the same way as a bit of a starch overload, and it was OK. A little odd, but not inedible. There was a lot of melted cheese in it, and melted cheese, in my estimation, helps make pretty much anything more palatable.

I haven't rushed to have another one of those, though. You just want some different types of stuff in a meal, don't you?

Again, no judgment, other than that this is strange and wrong and possibly inspired by the devil. Which is cool if you're into that sort of thing.

No comments: