Thursday, July 22, 2010

Keeping Cool Movie Review: Dinner For Schmucks

We saw Dinner for Schmucks as this evening's free movie. It was less horrendous than I had expected.

There were a number of parts that made me laugh, and I only winced occasionally.

I would recommend it to anyone who finds intriguing the idea of a guy who's trying to impress his wealthy hedonist superiors by inviting to dinner a person who inspires more mocking laughter than the dinner guest of anyone else.

He finds a truly weird, bumbling and socially oblivious man who proceeds to wreck pretty much everything via various entertaining misapprehensions.

There's also our hero's girlfriend, who's curating a museum show for a hedonist artist. That makes for more more entertaining moments.

I didn't see any libraries or medical technology. Nevertheless, it was a fair way to keep cool for a couple of hours.

.

No comments: