Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Speaking of Money

Librarian in Black reviews the 2009 Library Journal Placements and Salaries survey. It doesn't look too good, she finds.

Average starting salary is down, part time jobs are up, job cuts abound.

Things could be worse, we don't see nationwide collapse of libraries, but we're all trying to cut every corner.

Good luck to all those hunting...I hear from many people that these are indeed tough times.


Edited to note that this year's survey, being based on information from 2008 graduates, is of special interest to me. My information is in there! I'm totally adding this to my Bibliography in My NCBI, since it's obviously all but dependent on me.
.

2 comments:

erinserb said...

I'll drink to that!! This area has been particularly tough. While I have some good prospects, its been tough.

Looking to areas outside health sciences, maybe law librarianship or another special library.

A'Llyn said...

Good luck! Something will work out!