Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Multi-Tasking

I find that since I got a laptop, I don't just watch stuff anymore. I used to sit down on purpose to watch TV or a movie, and I'd just sit and watch it, but now I've always got something else going on.

Reading blogs, usually, in an attempt to keep up with the relentless deluge of my feed reader.

As I write this, for example, I'm watching Supernatural on DVD. It's the latest show we're giving a shot to, on account of someone told us it was good.

I love TV on DVD. Also streamed from online, of course, depending on the particular situation.

Basically, just give me TV in some asynchronous fashion that doesn't require me to be paying attention to when things are showing and on what channel.

Anyway, that doesn't address the issue of my fractured attention. Am I really even watching this show, given that I'm also musing about delivery methods for other TV shows I've seen in the past?

Did I really watch any of them either? It's a mystery.

.

No comments: