Friday, September 4, 2009

Spreading the Good Word

MLA Connections has a post about an event at the ALA meeting in Chicago to promote the Spectrum Scholarship Program.

The Spectrum Scholarship Program is ALA’s national diversity and recruitment effort designed to address the specific issue of under-representation of critically needed ethnic librarians within the profession.

MLA members were present specifically to encourage consideration of careers in medical libraries (I suppose that really goes without saying). In the interests of furthering this worthy goal, I will share my own latest story about how awesome it is to work in a medical library, specifically one associated with a medical school because that's the only one in which I've worked.

See, if you get your health care through the teaching hospital associated with the school, you can run into your doctor, who's a resident there, when she comes into the library to study for the board exams, and she can update you on your test results.

It's super convenient.


Unrelated update: OK, so how come I can no longer double space at the end of a post so it doesn't wind up squashed into the 'posted by'? Siiigh...back to putting a period there to make it stick, I guess.

At least I'm not alone. Sid Schwab at Cutting Through the Crap sometimes does this as well. Sometimes one wants a little space, you know?

.

No comments: