Saturday, July 26, 2008

Now That's Encouragement

The Red Cross in the Boston area is running a program where all presenting blood donors (i.e., you show up and go through the preliminary screening, even if you turn out not to be a successful donor because of low iron or something) receive a coupon for chocolate-covered strawberries.

This is what I consider incentive. I was almost disappointed that my iron level was fine and I was able to donate this week, since I had momentary thoughts of unsuccessfully presenting as a donor every couple of days and eating strawberries for months. 

The Red Cross should be advised that I also appreciated the ice cream cone coupons in the past. 

The Celtics tickets were fun, my in-laws appreciated the pound of coffee, and I like shirts, mugs, wristbands, squeeze-balls and teddy bears as well, but in the end you can really never go wrong with me by offering sweets.

Making it chocolate-covered strawberries is a nice touch since they also count as fruit. Score!

Speaking of fruits and vegetables, my total for today is much higher than at last report: summer squash roasted in kebab format, raisins in my rice pseudo-pudding, celery (bearing a rich cargo of peanut butter), lettuce, tomato and pickle on a half sandwich, steamed broccoli with a little green pepper and carrot, and a great luscious hunk of watermelon.

I'm definitely calling that 5 servings. And I didn't even have to count wine.




No comments: