Saturday, May 5, 2012

Timing

Sigh.

I'm starting to get all bummed because I'm receiving exciting MLA-related messages (visit our booth! attend our presentation!) and I totally want to start making a schedule to make sure I catch everything that sounds interesting, but then I remember I'm not actually going to be there.

I'll miss out on so many exhibit-hall wanderings. Meet-ups with people I almost never see. Piles and piles of free food.

Don't get me wrong, I have a good excuse for not going, and I will cherish this time with my tiny redheaded child instead, but...exhibits! Meetings! NLM updates! The Bearded Pigs!

The MLA'12 Blog is not helping with all this nice info on Seattle.

I'll miss you, MLA. Don't have too much fun without me.

I'm going to advise my co-workers who are going that they must tell me it was the worst meeting ever, no one had any fun or learned anything interesting, and I'm lucky I didn't have to go. Boooooooor-ing, must be their verdict.

If you're going, consider yourself held to the same standard.

2 comments:

slm said...

Well, we ARE coming to your town next year after all :-)

A'Llyn said...

And THAT will be the best party ever! :)