Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Braaaain!!!!!*

My slippery, unreliable brain is messing with me again. 

I had this little item that was lent to be by a friend, and I saw it several weeks ago and said to myself, said I, "since this is small and could be misplaced, I must be careful with it. I shall put it somewhere safe."

And then I put it...somewhere.

I guess it's safe.  Anyway, I have little chance of damaging it since I cannot for the life of me find it. My friend, who owns it, is also unlikely to accidentally destroy it since I can't send it back to her.

And I keep searching my mind, asking myself, "where would be a spot that I would have thought was safe?" But my sneaky, unhelpful brain, clearly trying to get me in trouble, just keeps suggesting the box where we keep postage stamps. I don't know why that's particularly safe, and anyway it's not there, so thanks for nothing, brain.

I may just have to buy her a new one. Fortunately, it only costs about $2, so it's not that big a deal, but it's kind of bugging the hell out of me.


*That's "Braaaain!!!!!" with a "curse you my old archnemesis" emphasis, not "Braaaains!!!!! with a zombie emphasis.

No comments: