Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy Monday Thoughts

Mother Jones, always looking out for our peace of mind, calls my attention to this helpful site: WouldISurviveANuke.com.

Enter your city and the size of the blast you're concerned about (from 18 Kiloton Fatman to Dinosaur Ending Meteor), and the site will tell you whether or not you should expect to survive the coming nuclear apocalypse, assuming a bomb is dropped on the nearest large population center.

It turns out I'll probably survive a hit from most of the options on the list, unless I'm at work in Boston when the bomb drops, in which case I'm obviously toast.

If I'm home sick, though, I may live to join the panic-stricken mobs fleeing for the nearest wilderness. Probably fending off zombies and killer robots on the way.

Good times!

No comments: