Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mmm, Unseasoned Frozen Vegetables...

My work offers access to this DASH Diet-based healthy life program online, and they're having a holiday challenge focused around not eating a entire ton of butter during this party-heavy season. (Half a ton, sure. We all need to enjoy life.)

I'm following along, largely because there's a slim chance of winning a prize by participating, but I haven't really been taking it that seriously...I didn't think.

But this week's 'assignment' is to get your recommended 5 daily servings of fruit and vegetables (that's 5 of each, otherwise known as quite a lot of fruit and vegetables), and I just microwaved a cup and a half of frozen green beans and ate them straight out of the bowl because I was short on veggies for the day. (Leftover pizza has vegetables on it, what's the problem?)

Apparently I find impersonal web-based challenges more motivating than I would have predicted.*

Also, a bowl of green beans is more filling than I anticipated. This recipe may be a keeper!


*Although perhaps I should have predicted it, given that I just wrote 50,000 completely uninspired words simply because darn it I am going to win NaNoWriMo.

No comments: