Thursday, December 11, 2008

Focus! Focus!

This evening I was pleased to participate in an online focus group for a consumer product (platform provided by Invoke Solutions). 

It was kind of fun. Reminded me a little of being back in online school, but with less free chat and more "rank the following possible product names in order of how much they make you want to rush out and buy this." 

But the general idea is much the same, with slides on one part of the screen and another section dedicated to communication, in this case via text and between one moderator and everyone else.

I think the product managers probably either loved or hated me (depending on whether my comments were intelligent or merely annoying), since I seemed to say a lot more in answer to every question than anyone else. Not having anything to say has rarely been considered a problem of mine when 'saying'='typing.'

I am sworn to secrecy about the product we were focusing on, but let me just say that now would be a good time to send me lots of chocolate.*

In any case, the distance-participation technology continues to advance, so I see no reason why I will not shortly be able to do everything in life from inside my living room, including provide exemplary library service and receive chocolate.


*This is true of all times. 


No comments: